Budget friendly and very easy to make, the recipe below gets a bit of a workout at PragSust HQ. It comes from an old copy of a vegetarian recipe book - the 'Naturally Healthy Cookbook'.
- 3 tblspn butter (we use a non-dairy version)
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 3 bananas, mashed (overripe is best)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspn salt (I don't bother with this)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Cream butter and sugar till smooth and light.
- Add the bananas and egg, incorporate well.
- Add the flour and salt,mix well and add orange juice.
- Bake in 180 C (350 F) oven in a greased loaf pan for 1 hour or till done when tested.Turn out and cool.